How we protect information
HKEMC attempts to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information. Our servers are protected by reasonable physical and electronic security.
Use of Personal Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, and to improve your customer experience through enhancements to our website and services. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our services. To provide information on other services which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service changes.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about services.
- Further, we may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these services by any of the methods that you consented at the time your information was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion; provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors or users.
Use of Emails
Use of Log Files
Like most standard website providers, we uses website statistic packages such as Google Analytics to analyze trends in how HKEMC’s website is accessed and utilized. Information monitored includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, geographic location of visitors (country, city), browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, time spent on pages, and keywords used to find our site via search engines. This information is anonymous and cannot be directly linked to individual users. We may use it to identify high-use or low-use areas of the site, pinpoint problem areas of the site, analyze broad demographic trends in our visitors, and make decisions about how to make it easier for people to find and navigate our website.
Third Party Links
This website may contain links to other sites. Although HKEMC vets direct links we include on our site, please be aware that HKEMC cannot account for the privacy practices of such other sites nor can we be responsible for any subsequent links from those sites. We encourage users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Hong Kong Efficient Legal Professional Mediation Centre
Room 2205 – 2206 Alliance Building
130 – 136 Connaught Road Central